- 2 years as Lecturer in English (Adhoc) in Ganjam College and Berhampur City College, Odisha from 1982-1983.
- 1 year as Lecturer in English (Adhoc) in Regional College of Education, Bhubaneswar from 1984-1985.
- 2 years as PGT English in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Chilika and Cuttack from 1985-1987.
- Teaching BA B Ed 4 year integrated course from 1987-1993, 2010-2016 and 2020 onwards in RIE, Bhubaneswar, teaching literature, pedagogy and ELT.
- Teaching 2 year B Ed course- 2006-16, in RIE, Bhubaneswar, teaching pedagogy
- Worked in DESSH and DEL, NIE, NCERT, 1993-2006 and from 2016-2020.
- Academic / Examination in-charge, Head DESSH, RIE, Bhubaneswar and other important assignments of the Institute and NCERT.
- "ELT in a Bilingual Context- A Special Reference to Level 1 and 11",The English Classroom, RIESI, Bangalore. 2001
- "Communication and Call", Planning Strategies for Universalising Quality Secondary Education, Tiruchirapalli. 2002
- "English as a Complementary Language", Discussion Papers, Council of Board of Secondary Education in India, New Delhi.2002
- Innovations in ELT and Instructional Materials : An Indian Context, Studies in ELT, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Atlantic Publisher and Distributors, Delhi, 2004
- Prospects and Issues Concerning Education at Secondary Level, "Enhancing Quality at the Secondary Stage Through Language Education", Manas Publishers and Distributers, Rajasthan, 2013
- Cooperative Language Learning (CLL) Strategy on Achievement, Social Competency and Attitude towards English, Education Today, APH Publishing Corporation, December - 2015 (Co-Author).
- "Town Bus" by Gopinath Mohanty, in Pratibha India, New Delhi.
- The Plays of Beckett and Albee (A Study in Imagery), Atlantic Publishers and Distributors, Delhi, 2010
- Characterising Literacy - A Study of Western and Indian Literac Experiences, by R. Narasimhan, Indian Educational Review, vol.25, July, NCERT, 2005
- Reading Beyond Alphabet, ed.Brij Kothari, P.G.Vijaya Sherry Chand and Michael Norton, Indian Educational Review, Vol.42, January, NCERT, 2006
- "Oral Skill - a Need for Primary Education" in International Seminar on "World Language in Multilingual Context", CIEFL, Hyderabad, India. 2001
- "ELT in Bilingual Context: A Special Reference to Level I & II" in National Seminar on "English Language and Literature in a Bilingual Context", RIESI, Bangalore. 2001
- "English as a Complementary Language" in International Conference on "Planning Strategies for Universalising Quality Secondary Education", Council of Board of Secondary Education in India, New Delhi. 2002
- "Communication and CALL" in National Seminar on "Integrating Technology into Teaching and Learning", Society for Educational Technology, Research and Development (SETARD),Tiruchirappalli. 2002
- " Innovations in ELT & Instructional Materials: An Indian Context" in RELC International Seminar on "Methodology and Materials Design in Language Teaching: Current Perceptions and Practices and Their Implications, SEAMEO Language Centre, Singapore. 2002
- Participated in Discussion on "The Place of Grammar in the Instructional Materials: Shift in Approach in Teaching Grammar" in Hornby-British Council ELT Seminar 2002 on "Grammar for Communication"
- Participated in Discussion on " Drama - A Resource for ELT" in Hornby-British Council ELT Seminar 2003 on "Enriching Communication Skills: Using Literature as a Resource for Language Teachers".
- "Teaching of English at Secondary stage : A case study of some Government schools in Delhi" ( Joint paper) in International Seminar on "Applied Linguistics in a Global Context", Dept. of Linguistics, Delhi University, 2003
- Presented a paper and conducted a Workshop on " Speech & Drama in ELT" in 35th Annual National Conference organized by ELTAI, Chennai, 2004
- Presented a paper in the on-line conference organized by Reading Matrix- "Bilingualism in ELT: An Indian Context" based on the survey conducted in MED Schools and DTEA Schools of Motibag and R.K.Puram, New Delhi, 2004
- Participated actively in a three-day programme titled "Indian Workshop on Multilingual Education with Special Focus on Tribal Education", CIIL, Mysore, 2005
- Presented a discussion paper on "ELT Curriculum and Peace Education" in the British Council International Seminar on "Global Citizenship & Language Learning: Education in a Multi-Lingual World", York, 2005
- Participated in the discussion on "English for Progress - 1st Policy Dialogue Conference" organised by British Council involving India, Sri Lanka and UK to explore the role of English Language in state and private education, and employment at Chhenai,2007 My contribution was for the issues in general and Professional Development of English Language Teachers in particular
- Participated in the discussion on "English for Progress - Second Policy Dialogue Conference" organized by the British Council at Kolkata involving India, Sri Lanka and UK to explore the issues around language development and teaching. Participated in testing and assessment and teacher empowerment, 2008.
- Presented paper entitled "Role of Language in Quality Elementary Education" in the National Seminar on Quality Elementary Education and Constructivism, RIE, Bhubaneswar, 2010.
- Participated in the 2011 Summer Institute for English Language Educators, held at Hawai'i Pacific University in Honolulu, Hawai'i, from June 5-29, 2011, and in Washington, DC, from June 30-July 5, 2011.
- Presented Paper entitled " Language Development and Cognition at Early Stage", in the National Seminar on Quality Dimensions of ECCE, RIE, Bhubaneswar, 2011
- Presented Paper entitled "Language directly proportionate to Quality Assurance in School Education", National Conference on Quality Assurance in School Education, RIE, Bhubaneswar, 2015
- Panelist, Think Literature Festival of Ideas 2016, Fiction and Non-fiction in Contemporary India, Khandala, Maharastra. 2016.
- Presented a paper on Secondary School Readiness Programme in the Conference Unlocking Potential : Addressing Challenges in Secondary Education, 15th March 2016, IHC, New Delhi.
- Chaired a session, International Seminar on "Decentering English Studies: Studying Literature in Global South", Utkal University, Vanivihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 2017
- Presented a paper in the "National Consultation Meet on Implementation of Amendments, Guidelines and Classification issued on RTE Act, 2009. Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.2017
- Coordinated and Chaired sessions - "National Conference on English Language Teaching and Learning in Rural Areas and English as a Medium of Instruction. . Department of Education in Languages, NCERT, New Delhi. 2017
- Coordinated and presented paper - National Seminar on Use of ICT in Teaching and Learning of Languages in School Education- The Indian Scenario. Department of Education in Languages, NCERT, New Delhi. 2017
- Panelist and Chair person - Three-day National Conference on Emerging Themes and Trends in Teaching of English in Schools, Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Mysore, 2017
- Participated and spoke on Importance of Mother Tongue and Mother Tongue based multi lingualism in the Seminar conducted on Mother Tongue Day, NCERT. 2017
- Panelist - Short story then and now - Tracing Roots of the short story, right from the methods of early oral storytelling in the 17th century to modern 21st century traditions, Khandala Fest, Think Literature Festival of Ideas, 2017, Maharastra.
- Coordinated and chaired session - National Workshop on Material Development for English Language Teaching and Learning, DEL, NCERT, New Delhi, 2017
- Chairperson of seaaion - Three Day National Seminar on Dr. Sayed Ahmad Khan: Social and Educational Reforms, DEL, NCERT, New Delhi,2017
- Chaired a Session - International Conference on Politics and Letters: The Function of Criticism at Present Time, Utkal University, Vanivihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. 2018
- Chaired a Session - National Consultation Meet on Sustainability in Context of Early Childhood Education (ECE), Department of Elementary Education, NCERT, New Delhi, 2018
- Chairperson of a Session - National Seminar on Language, Society and Culture, Department of Education in Languages, NCERT, New Delhi. 2018
- Visited Germany in Sept 2018 to understand the Education system there being invited by Govt. of Germany.
- Presented a paper on Minority Language Education, NERIE, Shillong, November 2020.
- Presented a paper on Teaching Literature during Covid Pandamic : Challenges and Opportunities in the International Webinar, Paradeep College, Odisha, July 2021.
- Chaired in the National Conferences on NEP 2020 - Towards Transforming Teacher Education, RIE, Bhubaneswar 2022; Indian Languages Arts and Culture, RIE Ajmer 2021; Indian Folk Literature Today and Tomorrow 2022.
Research Project/Survey/Study Completed/Continuing
- Evaluation of English textbooks (classes VI- XII) of NECRT, 2002-03, Evaluator
- Quick Review of the above textbooks, 2004
- A Study on the Teaching of English in the Government Schools at the Primary level in India, Orissa State, co-researcher. 2009-2010
- Ongoing research - Drama in Education, Constructivist Approach to ELT (5e lesson plan, ICON Model, etc.)
- Status Study of Early Literacy programme (ELP) in five states- Odisha, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar and A&N Islands, 2014-16
- Study on Curriculum (Secondary Level), Odisha and West Bengal, 2014, 2015
- Early Literacy among Scheduled Tribe Children of Odisha: An Exploratory Study, 2017-2019
- Secondary School Readiness Programme (SSRP), of RMSA, NCERT—TCA, RIE-TCA and OMSM, Odisha Madhyamik Siksha Mission, 2014-2017
- A Study of ELT and Learning Processes of CTSA Teachers oriented by NCERT, Resource Person 2017.
- A study of effect of oral reading (ICT based) on language comprehension of students with visual impairment of Primary Schools of Delhi, DEGSN, NCERT, Language Expert, 2017.
- A Study of Three Language Formula Vision, Issues and its Implementation, 2017-2020.
- A Study of Classroom Processes of ELT on the basis of Input, Interaction and Output at Elementary Stage, 2016-19.
- Effect of ICT Integration in Teaching English Literature in Pre-service Teacher Training Programme, 2021-22.
- From Oracy to Literacy : An Ethnographic Study of School going Juang Children, Keonjhar District, Odisha, 2021-22.
- NCFSE 2000(participated in all the discussions and assisted the core group),
- Environmental Education in Schools, Member, Environmental Education Group, 2004.
- Revision of English textbook and supplementary reader of class XII after the quick review of the textbooks, 2004.
- Position Paper on Teaching of English, Member, National Focus Group, NCF 2005.
- NCF 2005, Member, National Coordination Committee
- Learning outcomes at Elementary Stage (English I-VIII), NCERT, 2017
- Development of workbook in English for class-IX, Words and Expressions-I 2017-18, Member Chairperson
- Development e-Content for all stages of school education (Member), development of Bridge course for out of school children (DEE, NCERT), Member, Item writing workshop for census based NAS, Classes I-VII and Class-X Cycle-2, Member (2017-18).
- Development of test items in different subject areas of NAS, Expert - English (2017-18).
- Development of workbook in English for class-IX, Words and Expressions-II 2018-19, Member Coordinator
- Development of Integrated Curriculum for early years education, DEE, NCERT, Resource Person, 2018-19
- Development Exemplar Pedagogical Interventions on LOS for Classes-III,V and VIII, Resource Person, 2018-19.
- Development of Handbook for teachers working in special training centres for out of school children, DEE, NCERT, Resource Person, 2018-19.
- Development of the book - India, Unity in cultural Diversity, Development Team Member, NCERT, 2018-19.
- Learning outcomes at Secondary Stage (English IX-X), NCERT, 2019
- Development of Learning Outcomes (English) for classes-XI and XII, NCERT, Member, 2020-21.
- Development of Question Bank (English) for classes-VI to X, NCERT, Member, 2020-21.
- Development of picture and story based learning materials for acquisition of English language at Primary Stage for the state of Bihar, Coordinator, 2021-22.
- Diploma course the teaching of English, RIE, Bhopal, Resource Person.
- Development of modules for Capacity Building of Teachers for Enhancement of Proficiency in Spoken English at Primary State for state of Odisha, Coordinator, 2021-22.
- NFG - Language Education and Mother Tongue / Local Language as Medium of Instruction for NCF 2022, Member Secretary
Books Published by NCERT:
- Involvement in development of textbooks, work books, supplementary materials for students and teachers since 1993, worked for teachers' handbooks
- Learning English, Textbook 1 for Class 1, 2000 (Co-author)
- Learning English 2, Textbook for Class II, 2001 (Coauthor)
- Learning English, 2 Workbook for Class II, 2001 (Co-author)
- Learning English 3 Textbook for Class III, 2002 member, writing team
- Learning English 3 Workbook for Class III, 2002 member, writing team
- Steps to English, A Textbook for Class IX, 2002 Editor
- A Mosaic of Life, Supplementary Reader in English for Class IX,2002,Editor
- Steps to English, Workbook for Class IX,2002 Author
- Steps to English, A Textbook for Class X, 2003 Editor
- Life's a Glorious Gift, Supplementary Reader in English for Class X, 2003,Editor
- Steps to English, Workbook for Class X, 2003, Author
- English with a Purpose, Textbook for Class XI, Core Course, 2002 Editor
- Beehive, Textbook in English for Class IX, 2006, Member- Coordinator, Textbook Development Committee
- Moments, Supplementary Reader in English for Class IX, Member Coordinator, Textbook Development Committee, 2006
- First Flight, Textbook in English for Class X, Member, Textbook Development Committee, 2007
- Footprints without Feet, Supplementary Reader in English for Class X, Member, Textbook Development Committee, 2007
- Textbook in English for class 1, NCERT (for the rural children of India), 2009-10, Member and academic coordinator.
- Workbook in English for Cl IX, Words and Expression 1, NCERT, 2018, Member- Chairperson
- Book on National Integration, India, Unity in cultural Diversity, NCERT, New Delhi, 2018, Development team member.
- Workbook in English Class X, Words and Expression 2, NCERT, New Delhi, 2019, Member-Coordinator
- Training of Teachers and Teacher Educators on Learning Outcomes for Primary, Elementary and Secondary stage.
- Contributed in the series of face to face teacher training and EDUSAT Teleconferencing for NCF 2005 on NCERT textbooks
- Training of English PGTs of A & N Islands, PGTs of JNVs
- Capacity Building of Faculty and Officials of CTES, SCERT (RMSA, New Delhi), Coordinator and Resource Person.
- Capacity Building of Master Trainers in English Language Teaching Focusing on Emerging Concerns, DEL, NCERT, Coordinator and Resource Person.
- Training of KRPs (English) of 10 states (Delhi, Udayapur, Meerut, Lonavalla, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Odisha, Patna, Ranchi and Sarnath) alongwith development training package under NISHTHA, NCERT.
- Training of Librarians of KVS/NVS/APS/AEES/CTEA/Railway Board, Resource Person.
- Orientation-cum-Refresher Course for SCERT/SIE and DIET Faculty, Resource Person, DTE, NCERT.
- Training Programme for conduct of training programme at District level for NAS, Resource Person, ESD, NCERT.
- Training on LOs (Classes IX and X), teachers of 5 regions of India, DTE, NCERT.
- Training of KV teachers on enhancement of learning skills in English.
- Training Programmes, Curriculum study (Secondary stage) West Bengal & Odisha
- Status of early literacy programme of West Bengal, Andaman Nicober Islands, Bihar, Odisha and Jharkhand.
- Capacity Building of Teachers for enhancement of proficiency in Spoken English for the state of Odisha.
- Capacity Building of KRPs of North-East Region on NEP-2022, NERIE, Shillong.
- Orientation of KRPs of North-East States on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, NERIE, Shillong.
- Extension activities, consultancy, teacher training both pre-service and in-service for JNVs, KVs, Govt. Schools of Delhi, Madrassa, WB, Tibetan Schools, Darjeeling, Teachers of Bihar, WB, Jharkhand, Odisha and A&N Islands, Haryana, Gujarat, Tripura, Assam, Meghalaya, etc.
- ICT Strengthens Second Language Learning (English)in the Context of Navodaya Vidyalayas (Rashmi Mishra, DAV Public School, Kansbahal, Rourkela, registered under Sambalpur University, Odisha) - Ongoing.
- A Study of the English Textbooks used in the Government Elementary Schools of Orissa, (Sandhya Renu Das, Bhubaneswar, registered under Utkal University, Odisha) - Awarded.
- Impact of Co-operative Language Learning(CLL) Strategies on Achievement, Social Competency, and Attitude towards English, Prafulla Kumar Panda, Fakir Mohan University, Balasore, Odisha – Awarded.
External Examiner for 16 Ph D scholars:
Utkal University, Odisha; Fakir Mohan University, Odisha; Punjab University, Chandigarh; EFLU, Hyderabad; Delhi University, Delhi; Mohanlal Shukhadia University, Uaipur, Rajasthan; Central University, Tamilnadu etc.