Ph. D. / M.Phil. Program: 07 years /13 years
Post-Graduation: 13 years
Graduation: 16 years
Diploma/Certificate: 13 years
Area of Research: Tribal Education, Inclusive Education, Minority Education
Research Projects undertaken:
- Assessment of Materials Developed by SCERT Odisha on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (ongoing under NCERT PAC)
- A Survey of Research in Education of Children with Disabilities in India from 2000 to 2015 for the seventh survey of educational research 2016-17 (NCERT Funded)
- A Study of functioning of Madrasa at Primary Level in Odisha (NCERT Funded)
- Profiling of Children attending Early Intervention Program at AYJNISHD, Bhubaneswar 2016-17 (AYJNISHD RC-BBSR Funded)
- A Case Study of Educational Institutions run by Buddhists in Odisha (NCERT Funded)
- Process of implementation of learning outcomes: An analysis (NCERT Funded)
- Counselling Skill Progression Among the DCGC Students of RIE, Bhubaneswar (NCERT Funded)
- An exploratory study of Christian minority school of Odisha (NCERT Funded)
- Inclusion of Children with Hearing Impairment in primary school (NCERT Funded)
2021- The Essence of Folklore to foster Identity of Rongmei Community. Global Media Journal- Indian Edition, Vol 13 (1), June 2021, ISSN: 2249-5835, (ManipalEdn), Listed in UGC- Care, Peer review Journal.
2019- Environmental Ethics of Teacher Trainees: An Enquiry. Pedagogy of Learning (POL), International Refereed/Peer reviewed Journal of Education, Vol 6 (1), April 2019, E-ISSN: 2395-7344, P-ISSN: 2320-9526.
2019- Alternative Assessment: A New Paradigm to Connecting students to their Learning, New Delhi Publisher, First Edition, ISBN-978-93-88879-10-1, March 2019.
2019- Emotional Intelligence and Self-Efficacy of Govt. and Private Sec School Teachers of Khorda District in relation to their Job Status and Teaching Experience. Pedagogy of Learning (POL), International Refereed/Peer reviewed Journal of Education, Vol 5 (2), April 2019, E-ISSN: 2395-7344, P-ISSN: 2320-9526.
2019- Trends of recent Research on Effective Leadership in relation to School Education. International Journal of Innovative Studies in Sociology and Humanities (IJISSH-online), Peer reviewed, open access Journal, with Impact factor, Vol-4 (5), ISSN-2456-4931, May, 2019.
2018- Educational Challenges of the Minority Educational Institutions at Odisha. Journal of Indian Education (NCERT), A peer reviewed, refereed and Index Journal, Vol-XLIV, No-1, May 2018.
2018-Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge for Teacher Educator. Research Guru, Online Journal of Multidisciplinary Subjects, Online Journal of Multidisciplinary Subjects with Impact factor, Vol-12 (3), Dec, 2018.
2018- Technological Pedagogical content knowledge of Secondary Teacher Educators of Jharkhand: An Analysis. International Journal of Innovative Studies in Sociology and Humanities (IJISSH-online)Peer reviewed, open access Journal, with Impact factor, Vol-3 (8), ISSN-2456-4931, Aug, 2018,
2018- Research in Education of Children with Disabilities- Indian Educational Review. Indian Educational Review (NCERT) A peer reviewed, refereed and Index Journal, Vol-56 (2), ISSN -0019-470 (Print)-ISSN-0972-561X (online), July 2018.
2017- Status of Schemes, Policies on Education of Minorities in India: Challenges and Priorities. Education Policy for Resurgence India- ShikshaVikashSamiti, Odisha, ISBN- 978-81-926149
2017- Systemic Reform of Teacher Education in India: Issues and Challenges. Anweshan Journal of Education, A Bi-annual Interdisciplinary Research Journal of education UGC approved Sl.No- 63243, Vol-7 (2), Dec 2017, ISSN 2249-3794,
2014- Teacher Education in North East India: An analysis of the challenges and issues. North East India Education Society, A refereed Journal of the North East India Education Society, Vol-19 (2), Dec 2015, ISSN-0973-4902.
2014- Prevalence of Depression among the senior secondary students of Nagaland, Anweshan: Journal of Education, A Bi-annual Interdisciplinary Research Journal of education UGC approved Sl.No- 63243. Vol-4 (2), ISSN-22493794, Dec 2014.
2013- Concept and strategies of Assessment for different purposes, Prangnya: Journal of Social sciences, Peer Reviewed Journal of Social Studies, Vol-3 (4), ISSN- 2229-4864, June 2013
2012- Problems of Teachers in teaching Social Studies at Upper Primary Stage in relation to qualification and teaching experience. Devaloke, A research oriented Journal of National Referred Journal,Vol-4, ISSN- 2250-2254,
2012- Influence of Parental Education on self-concept and academic achievement of scheduled tribe students at secondary school level. The Ravenshaw Journal of Educational Studies, Peer Reviewed Journal of Education studies,Vol-I (I), ISSN-2319-7374, Dec, 2012.
2009- Right to Education Act, 2009 and Quality Elementary Education: An analysis. The Light of Education, Bi-annual referred Journal of Education.Vol-1 (2), ISSN 2277-4556, Sept 2012.
Seminars / Conferences / Symposium / Workshop:
- Research Mosaic- Presented a Paper entitled, ‘A Study on Attitude of Prospective Teachers Towards ICT Based Teaching during COVID-19 Pandemic’ in a Scholars Mosaic 2021, Annual Young Research Meet organized by Research Cell, Faculty of Education and Psychology, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, July 17-19, 2021.
- Presented a Paper entitled, ‘Perception and Satisfaction of Prospective Teachers Towards E-learning during Pandemic’ during International Conference by Dept of Education (CASE & IASE), Faculty of education and Psychology, MSUB from 25th to 27th March 2021.
- Resource Person of International Webinar on ‘NEP 2020: Prospects and Challenges of Higher Education’, organized by Vindhyavashini college of central University of Jharkhand (15th Dec, 2020).
- Presented a Paper entitled, ‘Essence of Folklore to Foster Identity of Rongmei Community’ during International Virtual Conference on Identity: Myths, Memories, Communication and Cultural Narratives from 28th& 29th Nov, 2020, organized by Dept of Journalism & Mass communication, CUK Karnataka, Dept of Mass Media SVKMs, Mumbai &Dept of Mass Media, St. Anthony’s College, Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Presented a paper on ‘A journey from theory to practice: A case study of field engagement in BEd of RIE, Bhubaneswar’ during International conference of Education of 21st Century (21-23 Feb, 2020).
- Presented a Paper entitled ‘Research review on leadership in school education’ during International conference excellence in leadership: towards teacher development in 21st century, organized by AIAER & IFORE during 14-15 Oct. 2017.
- Co-chair a session on ‘School Education’ during International Conference in Excellence in Leadership: Towards Teacher Development in 21st Century (15th Oct, 2017).
- Speaker on Equity and Inclusion- NEP 2020 Perspectives during 8 days’ theme based Webinars organized by MoE and held RIEs from 30th July to 10th August 2021. I spoke at RIE Bhubaneswar on the same occasion on 30th July, 2021 at 3:00pm.
- Participated in a two days National Webinar on ‘NEP 2020: Towards Inclusivity and Multidisciplinary in Higher Education’ organized by Rama Devi women’s University Bhubaneswar (7th& 8th June, 2021).
- Chief guest of one-day Webinar on ‘Examination related stress management and developing healthy study habits in students during COVID-19 Pandemic’ organized by KendriyaVidyalaya Number-2, Bhubaneswar (14th May, 2021).
- Guest of Honor during a one-day meet on ‘Tribal livelihood and Environment in North East India’ organized by centre of excellence, North East India (under RUSA program) of Utkal University (27th March, 2021).
- Resource Person in the National Webinar on Quality in Teacher Education by RamkhrishnaVivekenanda college of Education, BagodarGiridih, Jharkhand (14th Jan, 2021).
- Presented a Paper on ‘Inclusion of children with disability in the regular elementary schools: A case study during National webinar on recent trends in Inclusive Education organized by CUK (2nd& 3rd Nov, 2020).
- Resource Person in the National Webinar on ‘Challenges of online Education and way forward’ organized by Hill College of Teacher Education (HCTE) Lekhi, Naharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh (14th Dec, 2020).
- Participated in a 2 days Webinar on National Education Policy and Online Digital Education: Ideas and Possibilities by University of Delhi (12th& 13th Oct 2020).
- Co-chaired the session on the theme; Educational Challenges of the Minorities: Socio-Religious Perspective at National Seminar on Education of Minorities in India: Issues and Concerns, during National seminar at RIE, Bhopal (2017).
- Presented a paper, ‘what continue to Ail in the Journey towards Inclusion: Challenges that Exist in the Minority Educational Institutions’ during National Seminar on Education of Minorities in India: Issues and Concerns. RIE, Bhopal, NCERT(9-11 Feb.2017).
- Presented a paper, ‘Career maturity of secondary school students in relation to their sex and socio economic status’ during National conference on quality assurance in school education at RIE, Bhubaneswar, NCERT (17-18, Dec, 2015).
- Participated in a National meet on, during National Meet on Minor, Minority and Tribal Language in School Education (21-23 Jan, 2014) by NIE, NCERT New Delhi.
- Presented a paper, ‘Policy and legislation framework in implementation of Inclusive Education’ during UGC sponsored National Seminar on Inclusive Education: Policy concerns and Issues (7-8 March, 2014) by Department of Education, Patna women’s College.
- Presented a paper, ‘Problems and challenges of Implementation of RTE Act, 2009’ during ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on Right to Education: How far and how near (23-24 March, 2013) by Ravenshaw University, Cuttack Odisha.
- Presented a paper entitled, ‘Early childhood care and education: issues of equity and inclusion’ during National seminar on quality dimensions of early childhood care and education: concerns and issues (24-25 Nov, 2011) Bhubaneswar (NCERT).
- Presented a paper, ‘Regional Imbalances in education in relation to SC & ST’ in a seminar on Regional Imbalances in Education (9-10 July, 2011), organized by PM Institute of Advanced study in Education Sambalpur, Odisha.
- Presented a paper, ‘RTE Act, 2009 and dimensions of quality elementary education in India: problems and challenges’ during National seminar onRight to Education Act: its prospects and challenges (7-9 March, 2011) by NERIE (NCERT) Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Presented a paper on “Curriculum of Minority Educational Institutions: Practices in Odisha” (5-7, March, 2019) during National meet,’ Emerging issues in school curriculum’ by DCG, NIE, NCERT, New Delhi
- Chaired a session in the National Conference on Human Rights Education on Know your rights: pedagogy of human rights education and state, democracy and human rights violation- Coordinator, RIE, Bhubaneswar (8thDec, 2017)
- Presented a paper, ‘An Analysis of Educational Rights at Madrasa of Odisha’ during National Conference on Human Rights Education. RIE, Bhubaneswar (7-8 December, 2017).
- Presented a paper, ‘Status of Mathematics Achievement at Primary Stage of Madrasa (Odisha)’ during National Conference on Mathematics Education. RIE, Bhubaneswar. 19-20 Dec. 2016.
- Participated during National Conference entitled, ‘Holistic management of persons with multiple disabilities’(31st Aug to 1st Sept, 2016) at Bhubaneswar by SV NIRTAR, NIEPMD.
Research Guidance: PhD (01 students completed, 03 registered till date) & MPhil (14 students guided/submitted Thesis)& MEd (35 students guided)
- Participated in the workshop for development of Rubric for Social Sciences Assessment for Inclusive Schools by Central University of Kerala (16th to 18th Sept, 2020).
- Development, review and edit for Diploma program in Science education (DPSE) – (10-14 Feb, 2020)- Resource Person/Author
- Module on School Internship- Resource Person/Author
- Development of Policy framework of Institute repository for the Library (28thJune 2019)- Resource Person/Author
- Development of proposal for activities of North East Centre at Utkal university under RUSA program (2019-2020)- Co-Coordinator
- Module on Sociological issues of Minorities in India: An overview for capacity building programme for KRPs of Jharkhand (7-11 Jan, 2019)
- Development of D.El.Ed curriculum for the state of Jharkhand (11-13 March, 2019)-Resource Person
- Part of workshop for development for development of tools for research project of the Minorities in India at NIE. New Delhi during 22nd& 23rd July, 2019.
- Participated in the workshop on development of Framework for Institute Repository at RIE, Bhubaneswar (28th June, 2019).
- Attended tool development workshop for analysis of Minority cell activities at NIE. New Delhi (18th to 20th July, 2018).
- Development of 3 year integrated B.Ed .M.Ed curriculum of RIE, Bhubaneswar (24-26 Sept, 2017)-Resource Person
- Module on Gender discrimination and stereotype: Minority perspective (6-10 Nov, 2017)- Resource person/Author
- Development of tools for a study of pedagogic practices in Diploma in elementary education programme of DIETs of Odisha (23 Aug, 2016)
- Development of tools for research on functioning of Library at Govt schools (30-31 Aug, 2016)
- Development of FAQ on Education of Minority in India (Minority cell activity)- (2016-17)- Team Member
- Development of Curriculum for Pre-service teacher education program at the secondary level of Jharkhand (2016-17)- Coordinator
- Development of 3 years integrated Msc. M.Ed curriculum of RIE, Bhubaneswar (Life science) (15-16, Dec January, 2016)-Resource Person
- Development of B.Ed M.Ed. Syllabus of RIE, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar ( 24-26 sept, 2016 and 26-30 Dec, 2016)-Resource Person
- Development of D.El.Ed Curriculum for the state of Jharkhand (12-16, Nov, 2016)- Resource Person
- Developed a training module on inclusive education for secondary school Teachers-Odisha MadhyamikShiksha Mission, (2016)- Resource Person/Author
- Attended as Resource Person workshop for development of offline and online resource material on Minorities (30th Nov to 4th Dec, 2015) at RIE, Mysore.
- Attended 5 days Research Methodology and Report writing workshop from 7th to 11th July 2021, organized by Rama Devi University Bhubaneswar.
- Resource Person during orientation workshop on safety and security of children in residential schools, organized by NCPCR in collaboration with OSCPCR and Mass education, Dept Odisha (15th March, 2021).
- Participated in the online training course on Inclusive Education: Best Practices by NSOU and CEMCA. (17th to 31st May, 2020)
- Attended ICT Pedagogical Integration in Teaching and Learning from 07- 17 May, 2018 by CIET, NCERT & RIE BBSR
- Attended UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Understanding Tribes in the Neo-Liberal Era, 03-23 Dec. 2018 by Utkal University
- Attended capacity building programme for faculty of Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling at NIE, N. Delhi from 31st May to 2nd June, 2017.
- Attended workshop on computer software SYSTAL-13 (17th April 2017) at RIE, Bhubaneswar
- Completed Online Course on Action Research in Education and Awarded with an A grade from January–March, 2017- Seven weeks’ duration by DER, CIET, NCERT, New Delhi
- Participated on Research Methodology workshop for faculty of RIEs and PSSCIVE Bhopal at NIE, N. Delhi from 7th to 11th March, 2016.
- Attended training on e-content development during 8- 12 Feb, 2016 organized by CIE, NCERT & RIE, BBSR
- Attended Orientation workshop on Teacher Education and Regulations 2014, Norms, Standards and new Curriculum Framework- organized by NCTE during 21-22 Feb, 2015 at RIE, Bhubaneswar
- Participated in the workshop for course Coordinators/Experts for creating e-contents for PG course in Education under the e-PG Pathsala project funded by UGC to AU, Allahabad & CIET, Organized at RIE, Bhubaneswar (17th& 18th July, 2015).
- Completed an Orientation-Cum-Refresher Course on School education, 01-26th May, 2014 by DTE, NIE, NCERT, New Delhi
- Attended programme on Advance Research Methods and Data Analysis in Education at RIE, Bhubaneswar from 4th to 10th June, 2014.
- Attended UGC sponsored Summer Orientation Programme on “Social Sciences: Issues & challenges for 21st Century”Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, 25th June to 15th July,2012
- Attended UGC sponsored Refresher course on Education, 20th Oct. to 9th Nov.2008, by Utkal University
- Attended a Training Course in Quantitative Research Methods Using MS Excel & SPSS- 5-18 Dec,2007, NCERT, New Delhi
- Coordinate one-day Webinar of RIE, Bhubaneswar on ‘Power and Promise of Mentoring in teacher education programme’ (4th June, 2021).
- Organized 3 days Assignments evaluation workshop of DCGC 2021 from 28th to 30th July 2021.
- Coordinate two days’ workshop to discuss on NPST & NMM (NEP, 2020) by RIE, Bhubaneswar for faculty members of the institute and DM School (26th April & 30th April, 2021).
- Attended regional level consultative meeting on NEP 2020 for the states of Bihar, Jharkhand & Odisha on 15th Oct, 2015.
- Capacity building program on Inclusive Education for secondary level Maulvis of Odisha (2019-2020)- Coordinator
- Multicultural Placement program of B.Ed 1st year since 2017 till date- Coordinator
- DGCG program of RIE, Bhubaneswar (20th Oct, 2016 till date)- Co-Coordinator
- Capacity Building Program on Learning outcomes for Elementary teachers of Madrasa- Odisha (2017-18)- Coordinator
- Coordinated activity of Minorities (Poster Exhibition) during National Integration Week of MHRD (19th to 25th Nov, 2017).
- Participated during workshop on evaluation of global citizenship education concepts in the elementary school curriculum (23rd to 27th Nov, 2017).
- Attended planning meeting called ‘Collaborative outreach programme for inclusion of children with special needs in education’ at NIE, New Delhi on 5th May, 2016.
- Adaptation and try out of training modules on Inclusive Education in the area of Minorities and socially disadvantaged sections for KRPs of West Bengal (2014-15)
- Development of training modules for special needs children in upper primary level teacher training (2012-13)
- Development of Modules and Training on Action research for improvement of quality in teaching learning for different subjects at secondary level of West Bengal (2011-12)
- Development of Training Module on Inclusive Education for Tribal Secondary School (2010-11)
- Orientation of Tribal Elementary school key resource persons on Inclusive Education (2008-09)
- Panelist of Paricharcha, Manodarpan Live discussion by MoE on the topic- Care and Compassion: Sign of Strength (28th May 2021) and take part as a Panelist in Sahyog live sessions by NCERT.
- Online Examiner of English Diagnostic Test of B.Tech 1st Year students of IIT, Bhubaneswar (15th Nov, 2020)
- Centre for North East India studies under Centre for excellence (COE) under RUSA 2.0. 0f Utkal University- Co-Cordinator (2019-2020)
- Took part in the one-day Webinar on ‘Bamboo shoots a potential and sustainable source of nutraceuticals’ organized by Centre of Excellence (CoE) NE India under Utkal University on 7th Aug, 2020.
- NISHTHA PROGRAM OF NCERT- Coordinator and NRG during the program at Odisha (1-5 Nov, 2019), Meerut (19-23 Nov, 2019), Telangana (2-6 Dec, 2019), Lucknow (10-14 Dec, 2019) and Lonovala (19-23 Dec, 2019) and facilitated a session on SBA for NRG VII (19th Jan, 2020).
- Member of Minority cell (NCERT) Member of RIE, BBSR to undertake various program of the cell till date.
- Has about 30 Invited Lecture as Resource Person for teacher training/capacity building/workshop.
- Chaired sessions and invited lectures in 12 Conferences/workshop/Orientation Program
- Participated/Represented RIE, Bhubaneswar for NCERT foundation day at NIE, NCERT (1st Sept, 2017).
- Resident warden of Ashutosh Girl’s Hostel, RIE Campus, RIE, Bhubaneswar. Since 2009 and till date.
- In-charge of Psychology Lab of Dept of Education, RIE, Bhubaneswar