About the Herbal Garden for Medicinal Plants of R.I.E, Bhubaneswar:
- Inside the R.I.E, Bhubaneswar campus, adjacent to the Institute’s main building, the Herbal Garden of Medicinal Plants has been developed within an area of about 1.5 acres. More than 200 types of common, rare and endangered species of medicinal plants have been planted and grown with utmost care and devotion.
- The main objective is to disseminate the knowledge of herbal medicines and medicinal plants among school children, institute students and lay public.
- Herbal Garden can contribute knowledge with regard to nature, environment, relevance and quality of education and life skills.
- Gardening will improve the knowledge about planting, polypods, soil mixtures and nutritional aspects to develop the Home Garden.
- Herbal Gardens offer a great opportunity for improving the quality of education and for learning of basic life skills.
- Herbal Gardens can serve as a laboratory for teaching, biology and environmental studies.
Bael fruit tree
common Indian Aloe